01626 873455 info@cooksenergy.co.uk
Commercial? Visit now

Grants and Funding

Energy efficiency grants

We often get asked about what energy efficiency grants and funding are available.

Unfortunately in England there aren’t many, but there are some schemes worth mentioning.


The Domestic Renewable Heat Incentive (dRHI)

This is a payment made to those who generate their own heat at home using renewable energy systems.  

We have a dedicated page about this, so please follow this link to the dRHI page to read more.


Feed-In Tariff

This is paid to those who generate their own electricity using a solar PV system.  It is paid for each unit of electricity generated, even if the homeowner uses it themselves!  

There is also an Export Tariff, at a lower rate, which is paid for any excess electricity the homeowner sells back to the National Grid.  

The products used must by MSC accredited, and the system must be installed by an MSC accredited installer (which Cooks is).

You can find out more on the Energy Saving Trust website – FIT page.


Help for low income and solid-wall homes

If you are in receipt of certain benefits, or live in a solid-wall property, you may be eligible for some financial help for energy improvements through the Energy Companies Obligation (ECO).  



At present Cooks does not offer a finance scheme to help you pay for your energy system. However, we can suggest some finance companies who may be able to help you, so please call us if you would like to know more.